Peanut Butter Cookies!
OK, before you read on, you have to know that these cookies were stunning! I ran several tests on them, and they passed with flying colors! Furthermore, they are kid approved. When they are fresh, they melt in your mouth. The next day, they’re still good. Day three – good. Day four – good. Day five – still good but I remember when they were fresh.
With that said, here are the pictures, and recipe of course. Enjoy.
1 cup Organic Spectrum Shortening
1 cup Organic White Sugar
1 cup Organic Packed Light Brown Sugar
4 teaspoons Dry Egg Mix (or 2 eggs)
4 Tablespoons Water
1 cup Organic Unsalted Unsweetened Creamy Peanut Butter (I avoid items with salt when it’s vague due to iodized salt having corn)
1 teaspoon Organic Vanilla Sugar
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
1 teaspoon Sea Salt
2 1/2 cup All Purpose Flour
Pre-heat the oven to 325 degrees while you mix everything together.
First, cream the shortening, sugars, and peanut butter together. Once they are well mixed, scrape the edges of the bowl down and then mix again. Next, add the dry egg mix, water, salt, baking soda, and vanilla sugar. Once that’s nicely incorporated, mix in the flour. When the dough is just combined, it’s ready to be sampled, and you know what that means… yummy!
I used a large cookie scooper to portion these out. I rolled them into nice round balls, and then flattened them with a fork. As an alternative, on one of the trays, I didn’t use the traditional fork option and left them flat instead.
Bake in the oven at 325 for 13 minutes.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)